Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Squad Markings


I think I have decided on a way to differentiate marines from separate squads that will look decent on the tabletop as well as make it easy to tell. I may further differentiate with shoulder iconography, but this will make it easy as a player.

The two white slashes on his backpack denote that he is a part of the 2nd squad. By painting different parts of the backpack you'll be able to tell where each squad starts and stops even within those huge tabletop melees.

2 comments:

Justin Kase said...

I like the idea of the colors on the backpack - this way the ememy can clearly tell which squads are which as you run away :P

To show the seperate squads, I would say alternate the colors on the backpack stripe - or you can alter the pattern, such as checkerboard, horizontal/vertical/diagnol striped, etc.

Da_Todfatha said...

Yeah these aren't rainbow marines, so I will change the pattern, but there are clear deliniations of the segments on the backpack to get 3 strips as well. I will probably only ever run 3 tactical squads so that's all I need.