Thursday, January 27, 2011

Apocalypse!!!!

So I took part in my first Apocalypse event this past weekend we had nearly 100K points to add to the Worldwide Big Game, which was set up to smash the records of most points, most painted models, blah blah, I thought it would be a good opportunity to refresh myself on the rules since I havent ever played this edition. It was all that and more.

There were Leviathans:

There were a lot of flyers:

There was an Emperor and a Warlord titan!!!


there was a whole host of Reavers and Warhounds by the way, but they were dwarfed by the big dogs on this battlefield. Warhammer 40K loses all scope when the titans tread the field. Look at that Land Raider hiding behind the Emperor titan!

Besides all that I met some great guys I had never met before, I had a lot of fun, and my two kids want me to teach them the game I played on Saturday. heheh

PS - The Emperor Titan died on turn 4, with a catastrophic explosion that did a STR-D hit to everthing within 35" that about cleared the area of models...it was AWESOME!

No comments: